Free Forex Price Action Trading Strategies / Psychology Site

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Reconsidered EURUSD Short Trade

After some reflection, I challenged myself as to whether I was in this short for a good reward to risk, or just because I couldn't stand to miss out on a likely move down.

With a risk of 123 pips and a multi-month low only about 120 pips from entry, I couldn't really justify this trade to myself as a good trade, so I just took the opportunity to exit on my private account for a small profit of about 12 pips.

Checking my Collective2 account I saw that the trade had been entered as a buy and not a sell and was stopped for the spread. Currently unsure whether it was my error or their error.

I do believe EURUSD will sink to at least 1.28 before it hits 1.30. But then, a trader's job is not really to be right, its to be right enough early enough to make it pay. This trade was on the late side probably.

I was also influenced by the fact this was on its was looking like a Ponshada Pins set-up, in fact had surpassed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment